Re: Can you create a form in Marketo where you only allow a person to select up to 4 fields?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you create a form in Marketo where you only allow a person to select up to 4 fields?

Creating a form with 12 fields and we only want people to select up 4 fields. We can't do it with fieldsets because each field has a different conditional option. Anyone know how to do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Re: Can you create a form in Marketo where you only allow a person to select up to 4 fields?

Can you post a screenshot of form so we have a better idea?

Tom Kerlin
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 12.09.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 12.13.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 12.13.27 PM.png

So what I am trying to do is people get to deselect snacks they dont want in their boxes each month. We are adding replacement snacks so they can choose snacks they like instead of the one they don't like, but for ops reasons they only can choose 4 replacement snacks. Each snack has 3 replacements. Does this help?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What do you mean by "select" exactly?  4 of 12 checkboxes?

Fieldsets are just a cosmetic grouping so I don't see how that could apply anyway.

A deeper explanation of the desired UX (with a mockup, even) would help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 12.09.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 12.13.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 12.13.27 PM.png

So what I am trying to do is people get to deselect snacks they dont want in their boxes each month. We are adding replacement snacks so they can choose snacks they like instead of the one they don't like, but for ops reasons they only can choose 4 replacement snacks. Each snack has 3 replacements. Does this help?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yep, kinda got it from your reply to Tom.

The answer is that absolutely such a form can be built to post to Marketo. For example, this form posts to one of our client's Marketo instances and is quite similar in concept:

pastedImage_1.png

However, I'm not going to claim it was a walk in the park to create this logic.  The production selection section here is actually built on the page itself (outside of the form) and then upon form post, the selections are pushed into a short Marketo form (not shown, it's above this section) as hidden fields, then of course to Marketo.

If you can create the image-based checkbox layout within the Form Editor, then limiting it to 4 of 12 is very, very easy. I would think your problem is actually getting the image layout right.