SOLVED

Re: Can we use two domains for email marketing?

Go to solution
Rohan_P
Level 1

Can we use two domains for email marketing?

Hi Team,

Can we use two domains for email marketing? One for Marketing team's campaign and another one for sales team's campaigns.

Tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

In addition to @Matjaž_Jaušove2 

When you use Marketo with multiple domains, be aware that cookies created on a visit to one domain are not available to another domain. 

From an older post by Nora: 

When connect multiple CNAMEs/domains to one instance of marketo (i.e cname.domain1.com and cname.domain2.com) - the pages you create are always automatically linked to ALL the domains.

As an example - if you create a page called page1.html the same page will be available at:

cname.domain1.com/page1.html
cname.domain2.com/page1.html

You don't need to change any settings to achieve this just test it out in a browser.

Hope this helps, Zoe 

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

... you'll need to properly configure your sender authentication (SPF, DKIM, DMARC) for each sender domain/subdomain

To be clear, on a  shared Marketo instance (i.e. most subscriptions) there’s no need to make any changes to SPF.

DKIM and DMARC, yes.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yes, you can use multiple From domains in marketo, if this is what you wanted to know.

Zoe_Forman

In addition to @Matjaž_Jaušove2 

When you use Marketo with multiple domains, be aware that cookies created on a visit to one domain are not available to another domain. 

From an older post by Nora: 

When connect multiple CNAMEs/domains to one instance of marketo (i.e cname.domain1.com and cname.domain2.com) - the pages you create are always automatically linked to ALL the domains.

As an example - if you create a page called page1.html the same page will be available at:

cname.domain1.com/page1.html
cname.domain2.com/page1.html

You don't need to change any settings to achieve this just test it out in a browser.

Hope this helps, Zoe 

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

Yes, you can use two domains for email marketing in Marketo. Keep in mind that you'll need to properly configure your sender authentication (SPF, DKIM, DMARC) for each sender domain/subdomain to ensure deliverability and avoid emails being marked as spam.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

... you'll need to properly configure your sender authentication (SPF, DKIM, DMARC) for each sender domain/subdomain

To be clear, on a  shared Marketo instance (i.e. most subscriptions) there’s no need to make any changes to SPF.

DKIM and DMARC, yes.

Zoe_Forman

Thanks for the clarity @SanfordWhiteman on SPF's

Rohan_P
Level 1

Thank you all for your inputs. I have configured the domains.