Can we stop SFDC sync for specific Marketo form?

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can we stop SFDC sync for specific Marketo form?

also very expensive if you don't have w/p already!   

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Sant Singh Rathaur‌,

The first thing I'd do is understand with your current setup how everyone is syncing from MKTO to SFDC. Is this controlled via the lifecycle? Do you have a lot of random sync and add to campaign flow steps throughout? Are you using program to SFDC campaign sync functionality?

If you don't want certain people to sync over (I'd imagine in the future you'd have this use case for more than just the one form), you'll want to hone in on your sync flows. Without all of the info I'd recommend:

• Syncing MKTO records to SFDC via the lifecycle and ensuring these campaigns keep out those records you don't want to sync
  • Syncing via the program/SFDC campaign functionality but only on programs targeting records you want in the system (so your program for this form would NOT have this enabled).
  • Not including random sync flows in other campaigns - it's hard to manage and grow.

Hope this helps!

Kim

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Not a best approach but you can ask your SFDC team to create a custom file and a script in SFDC which will check if the record comes with particular field eg. "Do not Sync = true" then just ignore the record from Marketo API and in the Marketo form add this field as a hidden with pre-defined value as TRUE.

Harish Gupta
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Still won't apply to only that form's data.

Trying to reinforce the fact that the answer to the question is still No in Marketo.