Re: Can we record Email sent from marketo in salesforce as activity history?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we record Email sent from marketo in salesforce as activity history?

Hi All,

I am new to Marketo, this might be very basic question but please let me know if this is possible and if yes then how?
When we sent email to contact or lead from Marketo, Is there any way that email will be recorded as activity history into salesforce related to that conact or lead record.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Diederik_Marte4
Level 6

Yes, go to admin->intergration->Salesforce. And edit the activity sync. You can choose mails, forms, etc. Do note that only 1 activity per activity type is sunced per day. So if a lead gets two emails on one day, only the first is logged. Alternatively you can you Marketo Sales Inisight to see all emails sent. Or you could create interesting moments for it.

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz6VCAS
6x Marketo Champion | Marketo Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA) | Marketo User Group Leader | International Speaker on Marketing Technology
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Diederik,

I enabled setting "Email sent" in our Marketo envrionment. Then I sent an email from Marketo but that email is not getting displayed in salesforce under activity hitory. Can you tell me if am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Vaibhav
Xara_Gobhai
Level 2

Hi Vaibhav!

Did you ever figure this out/get an answer? We're in the same boat as you were back in April. Did the add Email Sent in the SFDC sync in Admin and while Sales Insight emails work perfectly, we can't seem to get the standard Marketo-sent emails to show up. Unless it's one of those things that only syncs once at night or something strange like that and we haven't given it time to actually run the sync?

Would love to know if you got any resolution.

Cheers,
Xara

Diederik_Marte4
Level 6

1. Is there a duplicate email address? I could show up in the other record perhaps.

2. Only 1x per type of activity is synced per day. So if you send one contact 3 emails to test, only the first one will sync. This is why we stopped with that and just look at the email tab in Marketo Sales Insight (MSI).

Another option would be to get rid of the sync that only syncs once per type per day and just set a trigger that creates a completed task for every email sent. This would allow every email to be captured. But realize the amount of data in your SFDC instance. We stopped syncing everything but sales emails, as the rest can be seen in MSI anyway.

6x Marketo Champion | Marketo Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA) | Marketo User Group Leader | International Speaker on Marketing Technology
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Diederik is right here.  It could also simply be that you're not accounting for the latency in the sync.  With no backlog you should still expect a 5-10 minute delay for the activity to appear in SFDC.

Xara_Gobhai
Level 2

Thanx Diederik Martens and Kenny Elkington. I think that's the limitation I'm faced with. I'll be sure to add it to my documentation and sales training so that they understand why not all activities might be captured in their Activity History tab and will keep pushing them to use the SI tabs instead!

Abaran
Level 5

Hi Dreck,

Great idea. Would it be possible to share how you build your smart campaign for adding MSI emails sent by a salesperson to SFDC activity history?

Thanks

Axel