Can we load our branding color to rich text editor color pallet?

Ramesh_Nagaraja
Level 2

Can we load our branding color to rich text editor color pallet?

Screenshot of Nurturing Emails Color palette (2).jpg

We need to add our custom colors in this pallet for frequent use. So is it possible to load our custom colors? 

6 REPLIES 6
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Can we load our branding color to rich text editor color pallet?

not really.... although @SanfordWhiteman has teased a very complex scripted way to accomplish something similar a while back, but I have yet to see any reference to a way to do this successfully. More than happy to be proven wrong, but ....

A possible work-around I've had, in the Email editor, is to create variables for the color and then use a picklist instead of a color picker; it wouldn't be as nice as "Company Blue" it would likely have to be a short list of hex codes in order to have it flow through properly.... 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

not really.... although @SanfordWhiteman has teased a very complex scripted way to accomplish something similar a while back, but I have yet to see any reference to a way to do this successfully. More than happy to be proven wrong, but ....

Right, there's a tricky way to create a palette of brand colors (yes, with actual preview color "chips") in the main Guided Landing Page and Email Editor 2.0 editors. But that's only in the Variables tab, not in the WYSIWYG Editor. Never been able to hack it together in WYSIWYG in a reusable way.

JD_Nelson

@SanfordWhiteman wrote:

there's a tricky way 

still keeping that blog post close to the vest, eh?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I can send you the code! It's just a lot to explain and you know I like to divulge the innards of things a bit.

jkirkwood
Level 1

Hi @SanfordWhiteman would you be able to send me that code? I am a developer who wants to provide this option for ease of use for our marketers that create landing pages. 

Jo_Pitts1

Ramesh,

this post

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Discussions/Drop-down-titles-within-email-template-variables/t...

contains a sort of solution to what you are looking for.  

I use this quite extensively now either as local variables or global depending on the context.

Cheers

Jo