SOLVED

Can we add people to an engagement program after removing them from it?

Go to solution
Maha89
Level 2

Can we add people to an engagement program after removing them from it?

Hello Marketo experts, 

I'm testing a new engagement program where I have 2 streams, one that sends out emails and another empty one (No emails) called Exit stream. People were mistakenly added to the Exit stream via a trigger campaign. What will be the best way to remove them from that stream so that if I add them again they will receive the emails from Stream 1? 
Should I change their statuses to Not in Program? 

Here to learn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Can we add people to an engagement program after removing them from it?

You can just run a Change Engage Program Stream flow step for the people whom you want to transition to Stream 1.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1697049010867.png

It's worth mentioning that re-adding people to a stream won't make them receive the content from the top again, rather, they'll be sent the first previously un-sent piece of content in the next cast.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

You can just run a Change Engage Program Stream flow step for the people whom you want to transition to Stream 1.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1697049010867.png

It's worth mentioning that re-adding people to a stream won't make them receive the content from the top again, rather, they'll be sent the first previously un-sent piece of content in the next cast.

Maha89
Level 2

I don't want to change their stream because I'm not sure if they will qualify for it, just a few people from that list will, I think I will change their program status to Not in Program first and then when I run a batch to add new people to that stream, would they be captured even if I changed them to Not in program now or no? @Darshil_Shah1 

Here to learn
Darshil_Shah1

Theoritically, yes that would work given the campaigns qualification rule and smart list allow people to flow through it. However, as a better alternative can always create a campaign with your nurture eligibility criteria in its smart list and in the flow change the stream to stream 1, I.e.,  transition eligible people to your core content stream, and if you want you can remove the rest of the people (i.e., not in the eligibility smart list) from the engagement program. However, you'd lose on reporting upon removing members from the program. You can always consider pausing their cadence so they don't receive emails. It's not uncommon to have operational campaigns that change the cadence to Paused/Normal state when people become in-eligible/Re-eligible for the nurture.