SOLVED

Can Velocity cache custom objects?

Go to solution
Mark_Price
Level 7

Can Velocity cache custom objects?

Hello, 

I have an issue and am going back and forth with Marketo Support they are saying the issue is with a Velocity Script, but I do not see how that is possible.   

Has anyone had an issue with custom objects cacheing / still showing up after being removed from SFDC ? 

Simplified script I made for testing: 

#foreach( $Automated_Fee_Reimbursement__c in $Automated_Fee_Reimbursement__cList )
<p>$Automated_Fee_Reimbursement__c</p>
#end

‍‍‍‍

Record #1 output: (expected)
{Address_Change_Expiration_Date__c=2019-09-26, Amount__c=337.63, City__c=Saint Joseph, State__c=MI, Street_Address__c=1004 Record 1 Streetname Apt #4, Zip_Code__c=49085}

Record #2 output: (has an additional object with null city and truncated street value and default date of 2099-09-24) 

{Address_Change_Expiration_Date__c=2019-09-27, Amount__c=62.85, City__c=Baldwin, State__c=MD, Street_Address__c=19 Record 2 Streetname, Zip_Code__c=21013}

{Address_Change_Expiration_Date__c=2099-09-24, Amount__c=62.85, City__c=null, State__c=MD, Street_Address__c=19, Zip_Code__c=21013}

^ When going into SalesForce there is only 1 custom object showing for the record in question with city and street address as expected. 

The SalesForce team did say there was a botched import they rolled back and re-imported where city was null but the admin does not see those objects in the system anymore. 

I've tried refreshing the schema in Marketo to no avail.  After a week of going back and forth with support they are blaming the script and "don't support velocity so can't help".   

For now, I made a filter in the live Velocity to only pull in objects that have a city set but don't want to maintain a filter in future scripts to deal with an erroneous object. 

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can Velocity cache custom objects?

I agree with you, it's not feasible that this is a Velocity problem.

Sounds like the CO records exist in Marketo even though they were deleted from SFDC. Velocity is just on the receiving end of that bug, it's not causing the bug.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

I agree with you, it's not feasible that this is a Velocity problem.

Sounds like the CO records exist in Marketo even though they were deleted from SFDC. Velocity is just on the receiving end of that bug, it's not causing the bug.

Mark_Price
Level 7

Thanks for the confirmation! 

It will help the support case to have the resident Velocity expert's opinion.  

SanfordWhiteman

Ha, I hope so!

Also -- for unnecessary completeness -- macros (not their results, but their code) are cached. If you deliberately crafted a macro by copying CO data into it, it would appear to be "cached" even if the original data you copied was deleted. But you would 100.00000% know that you had done this!

Mark_Price
Level 7

Ah yes. I think you helped my co-worker with a macro caching issue.  Because of the caching- we didn't end up making a macro library. 

Just got off the phone w/Support and T2 for the original issue and there were indeed Custom Objects cached in the system.   Thanks again for the input definitely helped move the issue forward.