SOLVED

Can "Not You?" functionality only be enabled with js?

Go to solution
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Can "Not You?" functionality only be enabled with js?

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to enable the "Not You?" link on our forms and all discussions related to enabling this require the use of js or jQuery. As I am not proficient in coding, I am wondering if anyone has found other ways to enable this. If not, looking for an up to date guide on how to do this with js and maybe some follow-up assistance. Lastly, should this be used all webforms? Or just in places like the Subscription Center/Unsubscribe?

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can "Not You?" functionality only be enabled with js?

14 REPLIES 14
SanfordWhiteman

The "Not You?" (session regeneration) link is automatically inserted if you use Known Lead HTML ("If known lead, use custom HTML" in Form Editor).

It always uses JavaScript.  There is no way to simulate the same behavior without JS.

Keith_Nyberg2

Hey Sanford Whiteman,

Where do I insert the JS to enable this? And can you provide me with the JS to accomplish this?

Not sure if this JS should be added into the LP HTML or the Form Rich Text (using forms 2.0 from landing pages). My JS skills are like zero on a scale of 1-10 so any guidance you can provide is very appreciated.

Keith_Nyberg2

Hey Sanford Whiteman

Curious on your thoughts here, I can't remember where but swear I found an article that claimed to provided a work around to this issue. It recommended cloning your email preference center form, and disabling pre-fill on all fields. From there it recommended putting that non-prefill form onto a page that has Munchkin tracking disabled. From there, it recommended hyperlinking "Not Me" on the primary form to the no-prefill/no-munchkin form for someone to update/specify their preference. This sounds simple as it clears all form values and lets someone fill the form with their preference. Solves the problem of preferences for the user, but doesn't resolve clearing the cookie for munchkin tracking. I did some testing and this process does update the preferences of the user when they fill the no-prefill/no-munchkin form if they use the correct email.

What i'm unclear on is what would happen to the original cookie/munchkin ID for someone who fills the no-prefill/no-munchkin form... As this process doesn't clear the cookie value, I'm almost inclined to assumed this process isn't really a work around as right when the user goes back to any other page, that they will still be tracked as the person they said was "Not Them". Does that make sense? Just want to get your thoughts on the importance of clearing this cookie value, which is what I assume the .js route does.... Thoughts? Comments? Should I steer clear of this alternate method and just stick to .js? Again, I assume the .js clears the cookie and re-loads the page so the form is cleared. And the user is re-cookied appropriately they they fill the form after this process. Can you confirm?

Thank in advance for your thoughts!

Keith Nyberg

SanfordWhiteman

You're right, Keith. That method will not work: if you do not delete a cookie explicitly, it will still be sent along with the request, regardless of whether Munchkin is enabled on that particular page.  You won't get a Visits Web Page activity but you're not going to change anything about the existing Munchkin association, just reinforce it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SanfordWhiteman

You don't want to delete all cookies, though, Yanir. That wouldn't be expected behavior. Just the _mkto_trk has to go.

Also, you need to remove the aliId and mkt_tok from the URL before reloading, or you'll be back where you started!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback Sanford Whiteman​.

I've updated the script to support clearing MKTO cookies only and also added a functionality of removing all or mkto only URL params:

NOT-YOU.html

Keith_Nyberg2

Alright... i'm riding the struggle bus here and can't figure this out. When you use the "if visitor is know, show custom HMTL" on forms there is "Not You?" functionality that clears the cookie and reloads the page (OOb with nothing else done). It is rendered with the token {{form.NotYou:default=Not you?}}. In the custom HTML.

My question, how do I get the same functionality added to my email preference center form which I don't use "If visitor is know" logic on? Is this done via rich text and I need my own .js to trigger based on that click to clear the cookies?

I tried using the form token but it just opened the exact same page in a new window....

Keith_Nyberg2

Sanford Whiteman​ - tagging you to ensure you saw my request for assistance above regarding enabling "Not You?" on forms without using "If visitor is know" function.