SOLVED

Can I send an email notification 'to other emails' with the option 'None' selected in the 'Send To'

Go to solution
sparashar
Level 2

Can I send an email notification 'to other emails' with the option 'None' selected in the 'Send To'

Hi All-

we are trying to send MQL notifications to the appropriate sales reps but the issue is that the Sales Owner (Lead Owner/Contact Owner in CRM) or Account owner is not the field that we want to use as the recipient of the emails. So, for now we add the actual recipient of the email to the  'to other emails' section and leave the 'Send to' section as the Sales Owner. This leads to email going out to incorrect people and the appropriate people just being CCed on it.

So, my questions are:

1. Can any other Owner field be added in the 'Send to' drop down?

OR

2. Can we set the 'Send to' to 'None' and the recipients mentioned in the 'to other emails' will still get the email?

SP
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Can I send an email notification 'to other emails' with the option 'None' selected in the 'Send To'

@sparashar wrote:

Hi All-

we are trying to send MQL notifications to the appropriate sales reps but the issue is that the Sales Owner (Lead Owner/Contact Owner in CRM) or Account owner is not the field that we want to use as the recipient of the emails. So, for now we add the actual recipient of the email to the  'to other emails' section and leave the 'Send to' section as the Sales Owner. This leads to email going out to incorrect people and the appropriate people just being CCed on it.

That's the expected behavior- the email is directed to the first email (Sales Owner/Account Owner) even if you have other emails added in the To Other Emails field.

So, my questions are:

OR

2. Can we set the 'Send to' to 'None' and the recipients mentioned in the 'to other emails' will still get the email?

You can't change the default drop downs for the Send To field in the flow step, but you can always select None in it and specify the actual recipients in the To Other Emails field (use "," to separate more than one email address). If you have multiple email addresses in the To Other Emails field and None selected in the Send To field, Marketo will use the first email in the To Other Emails field as the direct recipient, and all the other recipients will be CCed on it (similar to how all people mentioned in the To Other Emails were CCed when you choose Sales Owner in the Send To field). In trigger campaigns, you can use tokens in "To Other Emails" such as {{lead.Territory Owner}} or {{my.Alert Recipient}} as long as the values are valid email addresses. Tokens in the To Other Emails will not work in a batch campaign. Hope this answers your questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Re: Can I send an email notification 'to other emails' with the option 'None' selected in the 'Send To'

@sparashar wrote:

Hi All-

That's the expected behavior- the email is directed to the first email (Sales Owner/Account Owner) even if you have other emails added in the To Other Emails field.

So, my questions are:

OR

You can't change the default drop downs for the Send To field in the flow step, but you can always select None in it and specify the actual recipients in the To Other Emails field (use "," to separate more than one email address). If you have multiple email addresses in the To Other Emails field and None selected in the Send To field, Marketo will use the first email in the To Other Emails field as the direct recipient, and all the other recipients will be CCed on it (similar to how all people mentioned in the To Other Emails were CCed when you choose Sales Owner in the Send To field). In trigger campaigns, you can use tokens in "To Other Emails" such as {{lead.Territory Owner}} or {{my.Alert Recipient}} as long as the values are valid email addresses. Tokens in the To Other Emails will not work in a batch campaign. Hope this answers your questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

sparashar
Level 2

Thank you @Darshil_Shah1 ! This does help me a lot! ๐Ÿ™‚

SP
Darshil_Shah1

Youโ€™re welcome, @sparashar! Glad to be of help.