SOLVED

Re: Can I move a Marketo form from a local program in Marketing Activities to the Design Studio without losing data?

Go to solution
lbrabon
Level 1

Can I move a Marketo form from a local program in Marketing Activities to the Design Studio without losing data?

I know that I can click "move" on the form asset and select Design Studio. My question is, since this form is currently "in-use" and currently being used in a variety of local programs (which is why we want to move it into the Design Studio instead) will any of the historical or in-use data be impacted when moving it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Can I move a Marketo form from a local program in Marketing Activities to the Design Studio without losing data?

You'd would not lose any form-fill data by moving the form to the design studio from the program in the Marketing Activities. The form id doesn't change and hence other marketing assets referencing the form (including the cases where form's embed code is used) need not to be updated.

The absolute name of the form asset would change from <program name>.<form-name> to <form-name> upon moving the form to design studio, but since the forms are referenced via the form's id in the backend everywhere, you need not make any changes to the assets already using the form.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

You'd would not lose any form-fill data by moving the form to the design studio from the program in the Marketing Activities. The form id doesn't change and hence other marketing assets referencing the form (including the cases where form's embed code is used) need not to be updated.

The absolute name of the form asset would change from <program name>.<form-name> to <form-name> upon moving the form to design studio, but since the forms are referenced via the form's id in the backend everywhere, you need not make any changes to the assets already using the form.

lbrabon
Level 1

Thank you so much! Exactly what I needed to know and the context you provided is also greatly appreciated.