Can I implement BIMI for one partition?

nzegarra98
Level 1

Can I implement BIMI for one partition?

I am looking in to implementing BIMI in to one of our partitions in our Marketo instance. However, we would not want to apply this to all of our divisions, since we have separate brands. 

Am I able to implement this to a single partition, or will it apply to our whole instance?

Thanks,

Nando

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can I implement BIMI for one partition?

BIMI is a domain-level setting. It’s completely unaware of Marketo’s (or any MAP’s) internal db structure.

So if you use the same From: header domain across multiple partitions, they would all have BIMI.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, BIMI doesn't operate at the Marketo-partition/DB level. A default BIMI record should be published at the Organizational Domain, allowing it to be inherited by all subdomains. However,  if a BIMI record is found at that subdomain, the mailbox provider can use it (even if it differs from the BIMI record published at the Organizational Domain).

Also, as a general rule, you will need one VMC per logo. Having a VMC for your organizational domain will cover subdomains, and with an added feature even different domains. In case you have different logos, more than one VMC is needed.

So if you've different sending domains/sub-domains for different brands, then I suppose you'd be able to set a relevant BIMI record for each and have the client retrieve the correct logo based on the sending domain, or as in your case set the BIMI record for the sending domain of the brand you wish to.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yeah, when I say “same From: header domain” I mean the literal domain, i.e. the RHS of the email address. Not a subdomain.