Re: can i create a poll without social links?

Anonymous
Not applicable

can i create a poll without social links?

I want to add a poll to a landing page, but i do NOT want this poll to be shared socially.  i just want to collect information (Like, what topic should we highlight next month)  but i don't want any links to any social sites.  How do i use the poll tool and remove the social links?
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There are two types of social link -- the voting link and then the sharing link. 

You can hide the latter with CSS but I can't see any way to turn off the former. It really, really wants the user to use at least one social network to register their vote.  

You can instead use a basic form, no need to reach into the social realm if you don't want to.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to use a form.  but I can't figure out how to do ranking in a form.  can you help?  that would be terrific!!!

SanfordWhiteman

What do you mean by ranking exactly?  Is this something you've been able to do with a Mkto poll?

Anonymous
Not applicable

ah, you are correct.  I was looking to do a poll, but stopped exploring the option when I saw the social sharing couldn't be removed.  I ended up doing a link to survey Monkey.  (where they do enable a ranking poll.)

thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

It's quite possible that I could develop a crazy way to mirror the same functionality in Mkto, just for a lark at least.  What's the URL of your Survey Monkey poll?

Anonymous
Not applicable

SanfordWhiteman

Interesting... what a strange (almost unusable?) UX they're presenting.

Obviously the drag-and-drop part makes sense, but if you set the dropdown numbers to be different from the visual order, what is the final outcome when the form is submitted?  It's almost nonsensical to look at a form widget like this.

And in general, how are the results of such a poll presented to you in the admin area?  Is each possible permutation given its own set of results, or are all the results aggregated into one final "most likely" arrangement?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it was a bit klugy, but it did do the trick. this is what the admin screen looked like for the week choice question.  But very easy to understand the result.

pastedImage_1.png

SanfordWhiteman

I was specifically addressing the dropdown lists of ranks (blank-1-2-3-4), which have no reason to exist that I can see, as long the browser supports drag-and-drop.  And the fact that when you choose from the dropdown, it doesn't change the visual rank accordingly (though may or may not override the visual rank).

But I agree, as far as reporting, that is quite clear.  You won't get anything that fancy from Mkto unless you build it using the API.

With Mkto we would probably end up storing a single field like `Poll - Best Week Ranked` with values such as '1=week1|2=week3|3=week4|4=week2'.  Then you can pull reports like where `Poll - Best Week Ranked` contains '1=week1' and so on.