SOLVED

Re: Can I block specific Marketo Leads (list upload and form fillout) from going into Salesforce?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I block specific Marketo Leads (list upload and form fillout) from going into Salesforce?

Scenario: I need to upload a list into Marketo to send email invite to an event. This list is our customers--we are currently fixing our client data in Salesforce so we do not want this  list to start syncing over to salesforce from Marketo. What would a campaign in marketo look like that would prevent those leads from entering salesforce upon upload? Also, once they are uploaded and the email campaign is sent how do I prevent the people who fill out the form to attend the event from syncing into salesforce as well?

Basically, for the time being, this campaign needs to be completely ignored from salesforce.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can I block specific Marketo Leads (list upload and form fillout) from going into Salesforce?

• Block Leads from SFDC TO Marketo: must tell the Marketo User to not see those leads with a field like "do not sync=T" Plenty of threads on how to do this. Ask your CRM admin.
  • Block Leads from Marketo TO SFDC - Marketo does not auto -sync records that enter Marketo unless
    • you tell it to do so with Sync Leads to SFDC
    • You use an inferred sync action like Add to Campaign
    • you add a lead to a Program that is synced to an SFDC Campaign
    • so just do not sync those leads by excluding them with a smart List in your lifecycle/MQL flow.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

• Block Leads from SFDC TO Marketo: must tell the Marketo User to not see those leads with a field like "do not sync=T" Plenty of threads on how to do this. Ask your CRM admin.
  • Block Leads from Marketo TO SFDC - Marketo does not auto -sync records that enter Marketo unless
    • you tell it to do so with Sync Leads to SFDC
    • You use an inferred sync action like Add to Campaign
    • you add a lead to a Program that is synced to an SFDC Campaign
    • so just do not sync those leads by excluding them with a smart List in your lifecycle/MQL flow.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Josh!