Can data be passed through Marketo and not stored...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can data be passed through Marketo and not stored...

Is it possible to create a form that will be used on a webpage that could process data to a specific email address rather than store the data in Marketo?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can data be passed through Marketo and not stored...

You can do this with your own custom Form, but not a Marketo Standard out of the box form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Idea here is to use a Marketo form and then a campaign to manage the lead created

The campaign would be triggered off of the form fill, then call a webhook to send the lead data to wherever you want, then delete the lead

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Why do you want to do this? Sorta defeats the purpose of Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that this is not what Marketo is intended for, but my work is trying to think of a simple solution as we don't have the time to pull our Web Developers off of other projects to develop in hybris.

If this is not a good feasible option I understand and I can relay that information back to my manager and director.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Shannon,

Could you please elaborate a bit on the use case ?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

We offer different services that are not available for purchase through our website for our Wheel/Brake shop & Hose shop.  Since we don't have the time/budget right now to have the form built out in hybris by a UI and Web developer for the site I was asked if this could be done using Marketo. Basically management want a form added to the Hose Shop page that a user could fill out whether they are inquiring about the service or if they want to place an order, this way the user has the option to fill out the form or call.  If we use utilize Marketo for this management does not want the data stored in Marketo.  I feel that it would be better to go another route as it would be a manual process to remove the data from Marketo.  

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Shannon Hiler,

You can easily automate the removal from Marketo after you have sent the email alert internally. For this, use a smart list with the following filter and constraint :

pastedImage_2.png

Now create your landing page in Marketo, with a dedicated form. Capture all the info you need. Create a smart campaign with a "fills our form" trigger and a flow that does the following :

1. send an email alert about the lead
  2. deleted the lead if the lead is a member of the smart list above (use a choice for this).

-Greg