Re: Can an Entire Form Be Used in Progressive Profiling and What Would Prospects See After Filling I

Dylan_Rodgers
Level 2

Can an Entire Form Be Used in Progressive Profiling and What Would Prospects See After Filling It All Out?

Hi all,

I have looked all over the community before asking this, so forgive me if I overlooked the answer.

Questions

If all form fields are included in the progressive profiling section, what would a contact see on a gated landing page after having filled out all the available fields prior to visiting the page? (I can't get progressive profiling to work whether all fields are included or not. See below).

Context

I am looking to improve user experience by eliminating the form (or auto-filling it if that's possible these days), so I've placed all the fields in the progressive profiling section of the form. I realize that this is not necessarily an intended use, but I wanted to see if it would either remove the fields or prefill them after someone had filled them all out previously.

One issue is that I have so far been unable to get the form to progress and show fields it hadn't previously after having filled out the form a few times. I've tried this both in Chrome and Safari with some fields left out of the progressive profiling as well, so I don't know if this is user error or something else. It doesn't seem to playing off of my known credentials.

Side Note: I realize I can show HTML in place of the form if the contact is already known, but I don't know of a way to include the hidden field within that, which is critical to routing and tracking as we have it set up. Is there a way to do this?

Any help with this would be amazing. Thank you.

Test page: https://mypage.webroot.com/TokenizedAttributionTest_PassmarkReptGatedLP.html?aliId=eyJpIjoieGM0anpEd... 

pastedImage_4.png

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can an Entire Form Be Used in Progressive Profiling and What Would Prospects See After Filling It All Out?

Progressive Profiling hides fields that have a non-empty value (you should note that Boolean false is empty). N empty fields are shown at a time.

If all fields in the ProgPro block are non-empty, you will see only the Submit button.

If ProgPro isn't working this way for you, make sure you're loading Munchkin correctly, since without a cookie there's no way to look up fields for the current session.

Dylan_Rodgers
Level 2

Re: Can an Entire Form Be Used in Progressive Profiling and What Would Prospects See After Filling It All Out?

Wow! You are quick! I was hoping it would work that way, but it looks like I have some issues to take care of on my end.

Thanks, Sanford. I appreciate the insight.

AH
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Can an Entire Form Be Used in Progressive Profiling and What Would Prospects See After Filling I

I think I may be having the same issue. I am new to Marketo...

Could you explain what you mean by are the fields non empty values? 

AH_0-1584010916336.png

When I make my landing page live, the form is showing company name, the next time I visit, it is still showing this rather than moving on to Job title. 

Any help would be appreciated!