Can a marketo form embedded on my own site be linked to different thank you pages?

Allison_Quirk
Level 2

Can a marketo form embedded on my own site be linked to different thank you pages?

We embed our marketo forms on our own site. I wanted to see if there was a way to use one form for all downloadable content, and then link out to different thank you pages depending on the page on my site this form was submitted on? Again, this is not a marketo page but a page on my actual site with an embedded marketo form. 

Thanks!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Ellie_Lewis3
Level 3

Re: Can a marketo form embedded on my own site be linked to different thank you pages?

Hi Allison! Check out this Marketo doc, if you scroll down a bit you'll find a section called "dynamic thank you pages". If you're capturing the page they're coming from as a field on your form this should work. 

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Set+a+Form+Thank+You+Page

If you're not capturing the page they're coming from, you might have to get a bit more in the weeds like in the comments on this post: https://nation.marketo.com/thread/43657-single-form-many-thank-you-pages If you scroll down to Trevor Parsell's comment he goes more into detail. Or Sanford Whiteman details how to do it with JavaScript.

Hope this helps!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can a marketo form embedded on my own site be linked to different thank you pages?

Mmm, that feature (Add Choice in Form Editor) doesn't apply to the question out-of-the-box because you can only add choices based on form values, and the current URL is not a form value.

However, you can add it as a form field using the JS code here.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ah, looks like you edited your post while I was composing!

Ellie_Lewis3
Level 3

Sanford Whiteman‌ Ha! Yeah, I was doing the reading thing. You should change your handle here to "Quick-Draw-McGraw", I seriously considered adding "First!" to my comment lol

Himanshu_Chawal
Level 1

I use Marketo forms on Wordpress landing pages for our company website. You can deploy a “download asset id” hidden field in the form which can be populated by utm tags, cookies, or through tagging individual landing pages in javascript by assigning the “downloadassetid” parameter.  

On marketo form design page, go to step 2 > setting. Here i have worked out a logic to direct user to a separate destination page for each downloadassetid parameter.

Let me know if this helps. Cheers