Campaign Sync to push lead/contact membership from Salesforce to Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Campaign Sync to push lead/contact membership from Salesforce to Marketo?

Hi Nation,

kind of a dumb question but I was hoping to get this right before I can actually try it on our instance (no SFDC integration as of now, but soon).

In short: will the Marketo Program-Salesforce Campaign sync feature also work "in reverse", i.e. will I be able to assign Salesforce leads/contacts to a Salesforce Campaign that is linked to a Marketo Program and have the corresponding leads in Marketo become members of that Program automatically?

I see the sync for membership and status is bi-directional, but I feel this feature was concieved to push information TO Salesforce rather than pulling them FROM Salesforce.

Thanks!
Francesco

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Campaign Sync to push lead/contact membership from Salesforce to Marketo?

Hi Francesco,

Yes it does work both sides (I tested it).

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This will only work if you've connected the Program to the SFDC Campaign and then assign the SFDC record with the correct Member Status.

Feel free to try it.

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Ciao Francesco,

This article SFDC Sync: Campaign Sync​ shows that members and statuses sync both ways -"Marketo program members and their progression statuses are kept in sync with the Salesforce campaign members and campaign member statues. This is a bidirectional sync, so any changes made in either Marketo or Salesforce are reflected in both systems.". I have uses the feature a number of times and I can confirm it worked for me.

pastedImage_0.png

Ciao,

Ale