SOLVED

Calendar token returning "Your connection is not private"

Go to solution
Skrajen
Level 1

Calendar token returning "Your connection is not private"

My calendar token isn't working any more. After registering and receiving a live thank you email to add the event to my calendar I'm greeted with the image below. I don't think it could be a SSL issue because this should just be an ics. file download. Could it be that Market is trying to add its tracking parameters to the link? 

Testing further showed that when opening in the email in a web browser I was able to download the ics. file and add the event to my calendar. 

Skrajen_0-1631577773921.png

HTLM string of where the token is placed, line 720.

Skrajen_1-1631578143517.png

Thanks for your help in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Calendar token returning "Your connection is not private"

Because your IT team made the — rather poorly-thought-out — decision to have calamp.com be on the HSTS preload list without actually making sure you had SSL enabled for Marketo.

Domains (and in this case subdomains) on the HSTS preload list are automatically upgraded to SSL regardless of whether the user has ever visited them before, and regardless of whether the remote server actually supports SSL.

You need to have support add an SSL cert to your Marketo branding domain ASAP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Calendar token returning "Your connection is not private"

Because your IT team made the — rather poorly-thought-out — decision to have calamp.com be on the HSTS preload list without actually making sure you had SSL enabled for Marketo.

Domains (and in this case subdomains) on the HSTS preload list are automatically upgraded to SSL regardless of whether the user has ever visited them before, and regardless of whether the remote server actually supports SSL.

You need to have support add an SSL cert to your Marketo branding domain ASAP.