SOLVED

Re: Calculating data using custom object fields

Go to solution
Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

Calculating data using custom object fields

Is there a way to use two fields in a custom object to calculate a third field?  For example, I have two fields on my custom object - one for the date a trip begins, and another for the number of days a trip lasts.  Can I somehow calculate the date a trip ends?  Webhook or something?

The trip end date doesn't necessarily need to be an additional custom object field, it could be calculated elsewhere - just in a way that I could use a smart campaign filter or trigger to send emails (e.g., "welcome home from your trip!") based off that data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sure, you could call a webhook-compatible service.

The service loops back and loads the COs using the REST API, then can do calculation/aggregation and write data back to a Person field and/or update the CO record itself.

It’s a niche need but something we’ve done before — for example, writing the total # of a certain type of CO records to a Person field.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sure, you could call a webhook-compatible service.

The service loops back and loads the COs using the REST API, then can do calculation/aggregation and write data back to a Person field and/or update the CO record itself.

It’s a niche need but something we’ve done before — for example, writing the total # of a certain type of CO records to a Person field.

Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

@SanfordWhiteman Many thanks!  We also may have need for the other scenario you mentioned, so that's great to know.