SOLVED

Bulk Extract for Email Analytics

Go to solution
Troy_Larson
Level 3

Bulk Extract for Email Analytics

Hi there, 

Was wondering if it was possible to use the Bulk Extractor (or some other way) to pull email performance data into Tableau. Any advice here would help. 

Thanks, 

-Troy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Bulk Extract for Email Analytics

You can extract the raw Activity Log and import anywhere. But you can't extract reports.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nadish_Nair
Level 2

Hello @Troy_Larson 

You can use Marketo API to extract this data from Marketo. This data can be used by creating a DWH and connecting to your Tableau. I hope this helps. 

Regards

Nadish

Troy_Larson
Level 3

Hey @Nadish_Nair -

That's great to hear that I can use Bulk Extract for this. Are you aware of any documentation around this...? I ask because I've come across a link in Git Hub but it doesn't cover Analytics - https://github.com/jepcastelein/marketo-rest-python

SanfordWhiteman

Nadish's response is incorrect. There is no endpoint for preset analytics reports.

Troy_Larson
Level 3

So @SanfordWhiteman - am I correct then to assume that you cannot export email data into Tableau?

SanfordWhiteman

You can extract the raw Activity Log and import anywhere. But you can't extract reports.

Barry_Dupont1
Level 3

Hi Troy,

You've probably already found this, but the Marketo docs I believe you need are here: https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/bulk-extract/.

We had a similar use case, and our developer used Bulk Extract to add Marketo activity data to our data warehouse, and we then created the reports in Power BI.