SOLVED

Bulk Export Design Studio Assets

Go to solution
McKaylaGallup
Level 2

Bulk Export Design Studio Assets

Hi! We are attempting to export nearly 400 images from Design Studio on one MKTO instance, then upload them to Design Studio on another instance. 

I generally followed this article: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/export-design-studio-assets/ta-p/299249 with the intention to collect all file locations in instance #1 and use Microsoft Excel Visual Basic to download the files into a local folder, then upload to instance #2 through Design Studio. 

Rather than using a scraper for steps 1-5, I followed this article https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/export-design-studio-assets/ta-p/249458 to get the URLs via Marketo's REST API folder browse feature (using Postman). That worked great! Now I have the URLs for all the images in instance #1. 

However, I ran into a bit of a dead end with actually downloading those images. The original article links an image with the MacroScript that is broken. I couldn't find another article in the community with a solution. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for next steps? 

McKayla Gallup
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Bulk Export Design Studio Assets

Seems to me a downloader utility is the way to go, once you have the list of URLs.

I played with the quite amazing JDownloader for a few minutes and if you set Settings » General » Download Folder and then uncheck the "Create Subfolder..." rule in the Packagizer settings...

SanfordWhiteman_0-1632891286749.png

... then you can paste the whole list into the LinkGrabber, start the download, and have a folder to zip up.

Another method would be to write a batch/shell script that uses cURL and a command-line Zip utility.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Yikes, interestingly broken article. We should look into that (I wasn’t the original author, or I’d update it).

What is your intended output? A zip file, some elegant document type... ?

McKaylaGallup
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman  Currently, I have the URLs for all the Design Studio image/png files from Instance #1 listed in a .xlsx.

My ideal output is a zip folder with the .png and/or .jpg files, although I'm open to alternatives. 

McKayla Gallup
SanfordWhiteman

Seems to me a downloader utility is the way to go, once you have the list of URLs.

I played with the quite amazing JDownloader for a few minutes and if you set Settings » General » Download Folder and then uncheck the "Create Subfolder..." rule in the Packagizer settings...

SanfordWhiteman_0-1632891286749.png

... then you can paste the whole list into the LinkGrabber, start the download, and have a folder to zip up.

Another method would be to write a batch/shell script that uses cURL and a command-line Zip utility.

McKaylaGallup
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman Thank you! JDownloader worked perfectly - and unchecking "Create Subfolder" made the process much smoother as well. 

McKayla Gallup