Re: Bulk activities export for data value changes in a certain field

Yogesh_Biyani
Level 1

Bulk activities export for data value changes in a certain field

I would like to export data value changes for a field. How do I specify the field in the Bulk Activity Extract?

5 REPLIES 5
Arun_Sharma9
Level 4

Hi @Yogesh_Biyani ,

There is no functionality available in Bulk Activity Export to filter based on field.

Marketo do offer to get lead changes based on fields (but it is not bulk), for that you can refer https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/endpoint-reference/lead-database-endpoint-reference/#!/Activ...

Thanks,

Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma
Yogesh_Biyani
Level 1

@Arun_Sharma9  Thanks for the reply.

Lead changes can work but we need the changes for 20k lead ids so we will have to write a script and be cognizat of the API call limits.

On the other hand, since we only need the changes I can limit the bulk export fields to “fields”: [“leadId”, “attributes”] and reduce the export size. Do you know if the 500MB export limit applies to the query or the actual download? 

Yogesh

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Lead changes can work but we need the changes for 20k lead ids so we will have to write a script and be cognizat of the API call limits.

You can filter /leadchanges.json by a Static List ID. Yes, you'll need to paginate still, which consumes an API call per 300 records (not lead records, activity records).

On the other hand, since we only need the changes I can limit the bulk export fields to “fields”: [“leadId”, “attributes”] and reduce the export size. Do you know if the 500MB export limit applies to the query or the actual download? 

It's the download bytes (not clear what you mean by "the query").

Yogesh_Biyani
Level 1

@SanfordWhiteman  by query I mean the REST API call.

Any idea why does the export file include all the fields when the request only asks for two

{ 
   "format": "CSV",
   "filter": { 
      "createdAt": { 
         "startAt": "2020-06-07T23:59:59-00:00",
         "endAt": "2020-06-10T23:59:59-00:00"
      },
      "activityTypeIds": [ 
      ],
      "fields": ["leadId", "attributes"] 
   }
}

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

"fields" isn't supposed to be a property of "filter", it's at the root level.