SOLVED

Boolean field in a trigger campaign

Go to solution
Kristof
Level 4

Boolean field in a trigger campaign

Hello,

can someone explain what the below actually means here? Any examples? I'm not sure how it needs to be interpreted please:

When using a Boolean field in a trigger campaign Smart List, you must explicitly set it to ‘false’ in order for the field to evaluate properly during execution of the campaign.
bool.png

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Boolean field in a trigger campaign

I don't think that's it. Rather, the note is referring to the difference between an explicit Boolean false and an unset or null value.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

I was just confused why this note is only mentioning "false" and not "true" as well. 

Because the 3 values are true, false, and null. There's no confusion between true and null. But people can be confused when setting a value to null doesn't trigger Data Value Changes. to false

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
uditmathur
Level 6

Hi,

This implies that to use a Boolean field as a trigger the field value at the time of creating should be false & the campaign will be triggered as this value is changed to True.

For example, if you create a Boolean field for "Join The Webinar" it should initially set to unchecked, then create a campaign for all those lead who checked "Join The Webinar" to be sent a mail. So that your campaign will check if the Change Data value = True it will be triggered. 

SanfordWhiteman

I don't think that's it. Rather, the note is referring to the difference between an explicit Boolean false and an unset or null value.

Sharathshetty
Level 2

This means, if you are using a Boolean field in a trigger campaign then the field must have a value set, it can not be kept null.

Ex: "Is Customer" is a boolean field and you are using this in a trigger campaign to perform a certain action once "Is Customer" = "True". In this case the "Is customer" field should have set value of "False" but can not be null.

Kristof
Level 4

That's what I thought @Sharathshetty  & @SanfordWhiteman  - so it can be set either to False or True, but not anything other, right? 

I was just confused why this note is only mentioning "false" and not "true" as well. 

SanfordWhiteman

Because the 3 values are true, false, and null. There's no confusion between true and null. But people can be confused when setting a value to null doesn't trigger Data Value Changes. to false