Re: Blocking leads from Mkto to SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Blocking leads from Mkto to SFDC

first, I have consistently gotten timeouts when going to my support cases. Anyone else?

heres what I am trying to figure out. Inherited instance. Not completely clear on how it was set up to sync with SFDC. Mostly concerned with the Mkto->SFDC sync.

We are getting ready to upload about 2000 records for an email campaign for a customer. We do not want those to sync to SFDC. We need to collect from the LP form all of the data that would normally complete the record to push over. How do I block it for this list?

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Devin,

You cannot. What you can do is not trigger any sync activity.

• Do not add these leads to a Marketo program that is be sync'ed to an SFDC campaign
  • Do not run any SFDC related flow step.

The last one might be a little tricky since the import might trigger lead management Smart campaigns. I hope for you these are centralized

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can disable the sync tempoarily

SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I know you can work with support to set up a sync filter based on specific criteria. I know ours is set up so that there are certain leads we keep in Salesforce that we do not want in Marketo. We set up a check box field called "Block from Marketo" and support configured our sync so if that field is marked as true, the lead is never synced over. I am not sure if you can do it the other way, but you should check with Support.

Like Greg said, you can also just not sync the leads if this is a one-off thing.

Ashley_Infantin
Level 1

Hi - I have the same question as Devin. I thought this was a no-brainer - isn't that what lead scoring is for & the smart campaign of "sync to CRM"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ashley,

My concern is that I am not seeing anything in the smart campaign that inserts the lead when imported/created. I am only seeing modifications to the lead through the scoring/management campaigns.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sydney,

I have not been able to open a ticket for several days now. I keep getting a time out on the "My Cases" page.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sydney,

Block ing the sync will prevent SFDC leads / contacts to flow to Marketo. In this case, Devin needs too prevent Marketo leads from being pushed to SFDC.

-Greg