SOLVED

Blocking field change of custom data field in person details

Go to solution
WolframLotz
Level 4

Blocking field change of custom data field in person details

Hi everybody, 

creating custom data fields this fields will appear in the detail view of a person. 

WolframLotz_0-1652164543446.png

Some system fields are configured that way that you can see this fields in that view but you can't change it's values. 
Is it possible to configure my custom fields the same way? 

I already tried the options of "Block field updates" in the field manager. But this didn't seam to take affect. The field I tried to block is still shown as a regular input field. 

Any ideas? 

thanks and best regards. 

Wolfram 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Blocking field change of custom data field in person details

AFAIK, only the system managed fields and the fields that Marketo does not have access to add/update data (e.g. company fields for a contact record, Opportunity fields, etc.) is shown as in-editable in Marketo. With that being said, if you block the field update in the field management section for the input sources you would not want to update the data in Marketo, it'll work - just that the field will still show as an editable field when viewed in the person profile page, but data won't update from the input sources you block in the field management section. 

Darshil_Shah1_0-1652165356397.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

AFAIK, only the system managed fields and the fields that Marketo does not have access to add/update data (e.g. company fields for a contact record, Opportunity fields, etc.) is shown as in-editable in Marketo. With that being said, if you block the field update in the field management section for the input sources you would not want to update the data in Marketo, it'll work - just that the field will still show as an editable field when viewed in the person profile page, but data won't update from the input sources you block in the field management section. 

Darshil_Shah1_0-1652165356397.png

WolframLotz
Level 4

@Darshil_Shah1 
Oh Ok. That's a confusing UX/UI behavior. 

Thank you!

Darshil_Shah1

I wouldn't say 100% confusing, but it would certainly help if there was small tool-tip kind of thing (or something alike) against the fields with field updates blocked that showed the input sources from which the updates are blocked when viewed in the person profile page. 🙂