SOLVED

Re: Block Updates from Salesforce Sync - Two way?

Go to solution
Bianca_OBrien
Level 2

Block Updates from Salesforce Sync - Two way?

Question - If I block field updates from Salesforce Sync will this block updates from SFDC to Marketo or Marketo to SFDC or both?

Situation - 

- We have fields that have existed in Marketo for some time and used constantly (most are Boolean fields). We recently created these fields in SFDC and had Marketo support merge/map them.

- I used a smart campaign to sync a group of folks to SFDC with the intent of pushing the Marketo values to SFDC, but, instead, the empty values from SFDC were pushed to Marketo. I have since reversed those folks via a list upload, but still have more that I need to sync over

- I blocked field updates for these fields from Salesforce Sync and used another smart campaign to sync a smaller group. I am seeing the Marketo values as they should be, but I am not seeing the same in SFDC. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AWmindtree
Level 4

Hi @Bianca_OBrien 

Block field updates will only block the updates coming from SFDC. It only restricts the updates coming to Marketo, Marketo can still push updates to SFDC. 
However, even if you select all the options in Block Field Updates, a value will still be able to be populated initially from any source. 🙂 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AWmindtree
Level 4

Hi @Bianca_OBrien 

Block field updates will only block the updates coming from SFDC. It only restricts the updates coming to Marketo, Marketo can still push updates to SFDC. 
However, even if you select all the options in Block Field Updates, a value will still be able to be populated initially from any source. 🙂