Block Certain Records from Syncing to Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Block Certain Records from Syncing to Salesforce

It's funny, I was thinking of doing this very thing!  Marketo Support just suggested I change our current hierarchy but I don't think it will work. This works much better.

Also, considering our complexity, I also think it isn't worth the headache of unchecking that box if any of the values change, since it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, almost literally. We just don't do processes here. Here, anything goes, management supports the anything goes process (which I know is an oxymoron), but it makes my job that much more stressful.

Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do any of you have a solution to controll Marketo's access to Salesforce records by whether they are part of a campaign synced with a marketo program or not?

We are trying to build a relationship between Marketo and Salesforce where the only records that come into Marketo (apart from inbound leads) are records associated with campaigns. This means traditional sharing rules won't really work for us. If we built a checkbox to identify which records to sync, how would we know when to un-check it?

For example, if a Salesforce Lead is added to a Salesforce Campaign synced with Marketo, it could check the box. When the campaign completes, it can uncheck the box, delete the record from Marketo, and the record stays in Salesforce and stays associated with the Salesforce Campaign. Simple enough.

However, if a lead is added to 5 marketo campaigns, has completed 3 of them, but is still active in two synced campaigns, how can we build logic to tell Marketo to keep that lead if and only if it is a part of a synced campaign?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted an idea on this issue. Please like it if this fits your needs:

Sync Salesforce Records Based On Campaign Membership

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000JgTRAA0