Blind forms - Clicking Link in Email Submits Form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Blind forms - Clicking Link in Email Submits Form

Hello,
I'm unsure if this is possible but we would like to send an email asking prospects one question with 4 choices as the answer. We would like them to be able to click on one of the answers within the email and when this occurs we would like to send the account owner an email alerting them what the prospect chose as their answer.

We don't want to send our prospects to a landing page to fill out a form - we simply want their click to act as if they are filling out a form and then the account owner get notified of the answer that was selected. I am assuming this is what is considered a blind form? Is this possible?

Any insight would be most helpful!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blind forms - Clicking Link in Email Submits Form

Hey Erica, I'm assuming that each of these links would lead to a different page, so you could set up an alert for when a specific page is visited. So for example, if they click on answer A which points to www.abc.com/A, you have a smart campaign that is triggered by visits page www.abc.com/A and the flow step is an alert to the account manager. Not exactly a blind form submit, but should accomplish what you're looking to do. Best of luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo doesn't really have the notion of blind form submits directly from email, but you could always just trigger the alert based on which link they click, then use trigger tokens to alert the rep of which one it was. We do something similar to let our reps know when someone opens or clicks their emails. The alert looks like this:

This person has just clicked a link in one of your sales emails! 

{{SP_Send_Alert_Info:default=edit me}}
{{lead.Email Address:default=edit me}}

Email: {{trigger.Name}}
Link: {{trigger.link}}
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I agree with @Dory V and @Drew S that alerting on Clicked Link in Email triggers is the most straightforward way.  If you want the click to appear as a a Filled Out Form activity, there are ways to do that as well, but is that really necessary for your case?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your responses. I appreciate it. This solution should work for what we are looking to do!