Blind Form Submissions for Website

Anonymous
Not applicable

Blind Form Submissions for Website

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone have any suggestions on implementing blind form submissions for a few of our web pages.

The main idea is:

Buttons gets clicked > Form submits if cookie is recognized / form shows if it's an unrecognized cookie > Directs to the content page

Thank you!

Best,

Gina

12 REPLIES 12
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Blind Form Submissions for Website

Hi Gina,

I think this is what you're looking for.

Show Custom HTML Form for Known Leads - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Basically, if the lead is known (recognized cookie) then they'll be able to click right through.  If not, then they'll be presented with a form.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, John.

I was aware of that form capability, but it didn't redirect me to the next page when the user was recognized and the form was hidden.

Perhaps there is a script I need to add to automatically submit when the form is hidden? This is the part where I got stuck.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Indeed, the "Know user" feature does not bring you to the next page. It enables you to get the content or a link to the next page.

To do it exactly the way you want, you will need some scripting using the forms 2.0 API : Forms 2.0 » Marketo Developers

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In fact the Known Lead HTML can be leveraged to forward to the Follow Up URL quite easily.

For the Known Lead HTML, type:

<script>

document.location = 'http://example.com/your-thank-you-url.html';

</script>

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Sanford. This seem to work in sending it to the follow-up page, but is there a way to submit the form (if it shows up for the known visitor) automatically?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'm not exactly clear on why you'd want to submit a form that (in this case, by definition) has no new data.  You can accomplish the same tracking (with no wear-and-tear) by appending to the query string of your Thank You URL something like ?from=knownLead.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Ahh, I see.

The form will always show, as there's no way to automatically submit it.  The lead will have to click the button even if they're a known lead, but it makes it so they don't have to fill in all of their information again.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the input. I'll discuss with my supervisor and see what is the best way to implement this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We were able to get what we want by adding a JS block on the iframe/landing page. If fields are not empty (our fields are set to autofill), then it will redirect to the follow-up page; else, the form will load.