Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pausing nurture campaigns when a demo is requested

Hey guys and girls.

When we get a demo request, I want Marketo to:

- Look to see if the lead is in any nurture campaigns; and

- If so, pause that campaign

But the campaign I wrote PUTS them in ALL nurture campaigns and THEN pauses them. There are only 5 different nurture campaigns at this point and I spotted the issue early on which is good. The other good thing is that it means they don't receive the content from all campaigns since they are paused, BUT it does affect the metrics when I run reports to see which nurture campaign is causing the most demo requests.... !!!!

Could someone help me understand the rules and logic I need to use in my smart campaigns to achieve the initial goal?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Pausing nurture campaigns when a demo is requested

Hi Kim,

What I would suggest is using a smart campaign with Change Program Cadence flow steps for each program, but you'll add a choice to each step.  So each one will say

Change Program Cadence

If Member of Program 1

Program is Program 1 > New Value is Paused

Default > Do Nothing

V (next step down in flow)

Change Program Cadence

If Member of Program 2

Program is Program 2 > New Value is Paused

Default > Do Nothing

This will pause the leads if they're members of the program, but won't add them in order to pause them if they're not.  You can add choices to your flow steps by clicking the Add Choice option at the top right of each step.  This method will also allow you to have a single campaign that you can trigger from a demo request form fill out, or however you want, but it will look through all of your programs.

Please let me know if you have nay other questions.

John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Kim,

What I would suggest is using a smart campaign with Change Program Cadence flow steps for each program, but you'll add a choice to each step.  So each one will say

Change Program Cadence

If Member of Program 1

Program is Program 1 > New Value is Paused

Default > Do Nothing

V (next step down in flow)

Change Program Cadence

If Member of Program 2

Program is Program 2 > New Value is Paused

Default > Do Nothing

This will pause the leads if they're members of the program, but won't add them in order to pause them if they're not.  You can add choices to your flow steps by clicking the Add Choice option at the top right of each step.  This method will also allow you to have a single campaign that you can trigger from a demo request form fill out, or however you want, but it will look through all of your programs.

Please let me know if you have nay other questions.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply John. For some reason I don't see the "default: do nothing" option?! Am I doing something wrong?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I found the default option. I just had to get completely rid of my old rules and start again, instead of editing them. Thanks so much!!