Re: Bizible touchpoint backfill with custom date field

bbhenry-arria
Level 2

Bizible touchpoint backfill with custom date field

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to update touchpoints in a campaign based off a custom date field?

I have old form submission lists with a column stating the date the person submitted the form. I'd like to upload these lists to create touchpoints based off that submission date column, rather than the default Bizible behavior of using campaign membership date.

Has anyone figured out an easy way to do this besides using the severely underpowered "bulk update touchpoints" feature?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

The key here is updating the historical touchpoint dates to a field that is recognized by Bizible app, and importantly using the field that can override other campaign touchpoint dates defined/available in the campaign sync rules - I guess Bizible Touchpoint Date is created and configured just the way required to handle such requests of back-filling the touchpoint data. To me, updating the BTD for the historical data makes sense given that I can use the data loader and also, I don't usually get a lot of  requests for updating the historical data (this may be case with several other users too, IMO) post the Bizible go-live, i.e., back-filling is mostly a one time exercise.

bbhenry-arria
Level 2

I thought of using the data loader, however if I use that method, I can only update the fields available on the lead/contact record like Touchpoint Date (LC)...

1. I'm not sure if updating this field will also update the related touchpoint record (my guess is it won't, but haven't tested)
  2. This doesn't help me with PostLC touchpoints which aren't accessible on the lead/contact record

The point of this is to find out what worked for our past closed-won opps. Our fiscal year started last October but we only got Bizible up and running this February, so we have a lot of data missing. Backfilling people into the campaigns they touched isn't difficult, but updating the touchpoint dates one person at a time, one campaign at a time, is awful...

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@bbhenry-arria wrote:

I thought of using the data loader, however if I use that method, I can only update the fields available on the lead/contact record like Touchpoint Date (LC)...

1. I'm not sure if updating this field will also update the related touchpoint record (my guess is it won't, but haven't tested)
  2. This doesn't help me with PostLC touchpoints which aren't accessible on the lead/contact record

1. Why can't you use data loader to update the Bizible Touchpoint Date on the CM object?

2. If you create the SFDC campaigns for those touchpoints and have them create the touchpoints in the Bizible, it should work.

Agreeably, the back-filling of data is definitely a heavy lift and requires quite a bit of work!