SOLVED

Best way to use API to determine if emails have been sent?

Go to solution
mp_9000
Level 1

Best way to use API to determine if emails have been sent?

Hi all,

Our software developer is trying to determine the best way to utilize the Marketo API to determine if an email was sent out by Marketo.  What would be the best API endpoint/field to use in order to determine this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Best way to use API to determine if emails have been sent?

Off the top of my head, I think you should use the bulk activity extract API, and filter results by the email sent activity type id to get hold of people with send email activities (there are a bunch of filter options available for the bulk activity extract API, if you want to explore). You could then filter the results to get the email send activities for a particular email asset. Also, generally speaking, Marketo users usually create an email performance report in the platform itself to determine email metrics (including sent, delivered, CTR, etc.).

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Either Bulk Activity Extract (CSV) or Bulk Activity Export (JSON, paginated) filtered by the Activity ID for Sent Email.

Note the campaign that sent an email isn't your focal point, it's more of a "second-class" attribute of the log entry. The first-class attribute is the send activity, which will be logged for every person who received it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Off the top of my head, I think you should use the bulk activity extract API, and filter results by the email sent activity type id to get hold of people with send email activities (there are a bunch of filter options available for the bulk activity extract API, if you want to explore). You could then filter the results to get the email send activities for a particular email asset. Also, generally speaking, Marketo users usually create an email performance report in the platform itself to determine email metrics (including sent, delivered, CTR, etc.).

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Either Bulk Activity Extract (CSV) or Bulk Activity Export (JSON, paginated) filtered by the Activity ID for Sent Email.

Note the campaign that sent an email isn't your focal point, it's more of a "second-class" attribute of the log entry. The first-class attribute is the send activity, which will be logged for every person who received it.

mp_9000
Level 1

Thanks @Darshil_Shah1 and @SanfordWhiteman !