SOLVED

Best Way to Report on Marketo Custom Object Data

Go to solution
Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Best Way to Report on Marketo Custom Object Data

I understand that there is no way to report on Marketo Custom Object data out of Marketo. With that in mind, I am looking for an alterantive solution to report on Marketo CO data.

We are looking to pass Adobe Analytics data into Marketo through a custom object, but because of Marketo CO limiations, we wouldn't be able to report on it out of Marketo. I am wondering if anyone has ideas for reporting on CO data (including CO fields).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Best Way to Report on Marketo Custom Object Data

It's not feasible to report directly on the Marketo CO database (even if you use the API to download objects, the process for fetching existing objects is too complex and has major gaps).

What you can do is pass all your CO API calls through an API gateway. The gateway can maintain a secondary copy of the COs that you can report on (in some kind of document db, MongoDB for example), as well as writing the data to Marketo.  The underlying assumption w/Marketo COs is you must have another source of truth to do deep reporting.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Best Way to Report on Marketo Custom Object Data

It's not feasible to report directly on the Marketo CO database (even if you use the API to download objects, the process for fetching existing objects is too complex and has major gaps).

What you can do is pass all your CO API calls through an API gateway. The gateway can maintain a secondary copy of the COs that you can report on (in some kind of document db, MongoDB for example), as well as writing the data to Marketo.  The underlying assumption w/Marketo COs is you must have another source of truth to do deep reporting.