SOLVED

Best way to execute purchased list

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to execute purchased list

Hi all

We have purchased a list from Info Global Data of about 150k and wanted to send a small sample (about 3k). But, we wanted to protect our IP and not be caught by any spam cops and get black listed. Someone in my dept recommended SendGrid instead of using Marketo for this particular send. Not sure if anyone has alternatives or other suggestions on how you have handled something like this??

Thank you!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Best way to execute purchased list

Always be very cautious about purchased list data - especially when using them in countries with very strict spam/data privacy laws (Canada, Germany, Australia, etc.).  Not only can you negatively your reputation (if on a dedicated IP address), but others as well (if using a shared IP address).  Are these net-new leads/companies or an expansion of contact data at existing customers of yours?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dan_Stevens_

Always be very cautious about purchased list data - especially when using them in countries with very strict spam/data privacy laws (Canada, Germany, Australia, etc.).  Not only can you negatively your reputation (if on a dedicated IP address), but others as well (if using a shared IP address).  Are these net-new leads/companies or an expansion of contact data at existing customers of yours?

Josh_Hill13

I agree with Dan and would go further - DO NOT send to this list. I don't know anything about how the list was collected, its countries, etc...but even 3000 emails can burn a hole in your rep because I bet it has a bunch of spam traps in there.

I suppose you could use another email tool, but your sending domain name is also blacklisted, not just your IP.

A better approach is to rent space in someone else's newsletter and drive traffic to an irresistible offer.