Re: Best way to capture details from an email address only field on a subscribe form?

Ashley_Viagas
Level 1

Best way to capture details from an email address only field on a subscribe form?

Was wondering what would be the best process to capture a lead's details such as first name and last name with only an email entry field on a subscribe form?

Filling out first and last names out with hidden blank fields isn't what we want to sync to our CRM. Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Best way to capture details from an email address only field on a subscribe form?

Are you thinking about using a data enrichment service for this basic info (not at all recommended)?

Or progressive profiling to ask them for the info on a follow-up form? What's your overall concern/objective?

Ashley_Viagas
Level 1

Hey there, was looking into data enrichment. I'm assuming you've had bad experiences with it?

To answer your question, the concern here is is that it would fill our database with just emails of people with no name. The objective would be to acquire as much data as possible without increasing fields needed to subscribe.

Ronnie_Duke2
Level 4

I've implemented Clearbit before that has a pretty cool approach to this - it involves a little bit of setup, but essentially allows you to present a single field to the user (email address) and will dynamically ping it's database and see if it has additional info on that user (first, last company, etc). If it has the data, it will enrich in hidden fields, and if it does not have the data it will automatically reveal the fields it doesn't have and allow the user to input their info themselves.

I haven't had a chance to compare the data quality yet, but the technology and implementation seems to be in line with what you're looking for so it may be worth looking in to.