Best Smart List filter for Contacts (not Leads) synced from Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Smart List filter for Contacts (not Leads) synced from Microsoft Dynamics CRM

When synchronized with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, what's the best Smart List filter in Marketo to use when trying to put together a list of "contacts" to target in a campaign?

When it comes to "leads," I'm able to edit the Microsoft "Topic" field and filter for that "topic" when creating my list within Marketo. However, "contacts" (as opposed to "leads") do not carry a "Topic" field in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

Is there an easy way to tag "contacts" within CRM for me to create a simple filter within Marketo to aggregate them just like I do with "leads"?

Being able to sync this with "Marketing Lists" in Microsoft Dynamics CRM would be very useful, but it appears that functionality doesn't currently exist with Marketo. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Tyson_Jurgens
Level 4

Re: Best Smart List filter for Contacts (not Leads) synced from Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Hi Steven,

We have a field "Microsoft Type" that discerns between Contacts and Leads automatically. I believe this field is built-in and was not a custom field.