SOLVED

Re: Best practices for preventing leads from going into SFDC queue webinar leads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practices for preventing leads from going into SFDC queue webinar leads

Hey all,

Our Marketing team values the ability to decide when we add certain leads into the Sales queue. An example is a webinar: we don't want Sales reps to reach out until they have already attended/not attended a webinar.

At present we don't sync all of our campaigns to Marketo immediately, but it's something I'd like to do, without worrying about syncing new leads over unintentionally.

Our process now:
- Create a Marketo webinar campaign (don't sync to SFDC)

- Add Acquisition Program Name of webinar to our "New Leads flow" campaign, under a Remove from Flow option. The last step of this campaign syncs leads to SFDC.

- Once the webinar occurs, we then request this New Leads flow campaign for all acquired leads.

This system is not scalable, and I would like to come up with a flow that doesn't require us having to do this step every time on the SFDC side, or Marketo side.

Any advice on allowing marketing to maintain control over what leads are in an SDR queue would be great!

Thank you!!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Best practices for preventing leads from going into SFDC queue webinar leads

You can also create a system that does this:

Sync all leads to SFDC Queue - Nurturing.

When a flag changes, such as "MQL=TRUE", then trigger a reassignment in SFDC (or Marketo) to move lead to Sales Queue.

I usually use Lead Status or Lifecycle Stage to trigger that reassignment. It's too cumbersome to hold back leads AND use the Program SFDC Campaign Sync.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

HI Allison,

Are you using smart campaigns to change the Program Status of the leads? If so, you could sync leads at that point. However, syncing from individual campaigns is not ideal. 

I would advice creating an overall sync campaign that reacts to the criteria you determine - in this case, it would react when a lead reaches success or attendance in a webinar. And if you have other scenarios when you need to sync (maybe when a lead fills out a high value form, etc) you could add them to the same campaign. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Alex,

I think we are definitely heading in the right direction on creating some sort of Program based campaign (ie, all Webinar programs apply to a syncing campaign).

How should I address the SFDC Campaign issue? 

For example, if we sync our Welcome email campaign to SFDC, and a new webinar lead comes in, and are put through the Welcome Email Campaign, they will still be added to the Sales queue.

Is there a way to allow leads to sync to SFDC, but have a campaign that prevents leads from going into a specific queue? Then, once their status is changed to attended/no-show, trigger the leads to go into the queue?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can also create a system that does this:

Sync all leads to SFDC Queue - Nurturing.

When a flag changes, such as "MQL=TRUE", then trigger a reassignment in SFDC (or Marketo) to move lead to Sales Queue.

I usually use Lead Status or Lifecycle Stage to trigger that reassignment. It's too cumbersome to hold back leads AND use the Program SFDC Campaign Sync.
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Allison,

In Marketo there are often more ways to solve one problem and from your question I cannot tell if you do have a lead lifecycle set up in your system.

If you do, Josh's suggestion above is right on point. If you don't and you need a "holding" solution until you do, you could "park" the leads that have been synced to SFDC but are not ready for sales by assigning them to the marketing user and then trigger the reassignement based on webinar attendace. 

I do suggest you look into setting up a proper lead lifecycle for your leads and try to keep your system as tidy as possible. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,

thanks for the tips. I think I'll look into creating a Marketing Queue, and then reassign the sales queue when we are ready.

As for a lead lifecycle, our lead scoring lives in our CRM, so it is a little tricky to identify who will be MQL or not when importing.

thanks all