Best Nurture Campaign Flow

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Nurture Campaign Flow

I’m designing our first nurture campaign and wanted some advice on how to setup the flow.  Right now we have 4 different emails and two different versions of each.  So if Email 1A is opened the recipient gets Email 2A.  If Email 1A is not opened within a week they are sent Email 1B.  If Email 1A is clicked, they are sent an automated personal message from a biz dev rep. 

I want some feedback on the best way to execute.  There are different ways I can see this being done in Marketo and right now I have 3 campaigns setup titled 01 – Outbound, 02 – Opens Email, and 03 – Clicks Link in Email as advised by an imported program from Marketo.  The problem I’m having is that the imported program is very basic and doesn’t give me insight on the best way to build it out for my campaign. 

Here are a few questions to start with:
  1.  What is the best way to send Email 3 to only the people that opened Email 2A and 2B?
  2. Should I change the progression status for each email that is sent? 
  3. How can I keep each campaign flow simple and easy to manage?
  4. Is there a more sophisticated email nurture campaign available for download?  Or can someone who has mastered this share theirs?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Nurture Campaign Flow

Subuscribing! I read through the traffic cop approach that Marketo has presented but its definitely more advanced for beginner like me
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: Best Nurture Campaign Flow

Melissa, "opening" an email is a flawed concept: it essentially means that the email client loads the images: it does't actually mean that someone opened the email message. It is very common to see someone click an email but not "open" the email. To base your nurture on "opens" is therefore not recommended.

If you still want to create a nurture flow that is more interactive then you can do that in multiple ways. For example, you could create a Program for each email and have statuses for "delivered", "opened" and "clicked". If you're sending email 3, you would only qualify people who have a status of "opened" or "clicked" on the Programs for Emails 2A and 2B.