Best Method to resend an email to non-openers

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Re: Best Method to resend an email to non-openers

Keep in mind that email clients that do not load images will not have Opened Email activities tracked, so you may be re-sending the same email to people that have indeed opened and read it the first time.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Indeed.

And I'd argue that re-sending an email like this is pretty annoying. If they didn't care the first time, why would they care again?

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

You might argue that (and I'd probably agree with you), but there is nothing wrong with experimenting and trying out different approaches.

If it doesn't work, then stop doing it and try something else. If it does, great.

Tiffany_Thomas
Level 2

When I inherited our instance, the previous admin Ande Kempf​ warned me against using too many wait steps.So, we use the filters "Was sent email = content email" and "Not opened email = content email" and then flow step "send email = reminder" and schedule it to send the day we actually want the reminder email to go out. This really works for us and allows for more control if there were to be something wrong with the email or program. We also use a different reminder email than the original so we don't annoy anyone that may have actually opened the original, but not downloaded the images.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Interesting topic.. I m trying to achieve something similar..

I have a Newsletter program

with an email and a smart campaign

00. IF EMAIL x Opened then Change program status to INFLUENCED

And i have a second email to target Non openers from the first email.

I ve added a step to the flow os the smart campaign

Wait n days

send email (to non openers from the original email)

Do i need to create a second smart campaign to track the status (opened --> influenced) of the second email or is it ok to just set everything up on one single smart camp?