SOLVED

Best Custom Field Option?

Go to solution
Ronn_Burner
Level 4

Best Custom Field Option?

Just out of curiosity, which is the better option to create custom fields that will be synced from our custom CRM?

I know I could go either way here and it will work perfectly fine but I was just curious to see if there was a “better” way between these two options for one reason or another.

Option #1 – (‘Business Partner’ field and ‘Business Partner Status’ field)

Custom Field (String)                  Operators                             Field Values

1. Business Partner                  is, is not, etc.                        Partner X, Partner YY, Partner ZZZ
  2. Business Partner Status      is, is not, etc.                        Active, Ineligible, Eligible

Option #2 – (Individual ‘Partner xx’ field and individual ‘Partner xx Status’)

Custom Field (String)                  Operators                             Field Values

1. Partner X                               is, is not, etc.                        Active
  2. Partner YY                             is, is not, etc.                        Active
  3. Partner ZZZ                           is, is not, etc.                        Active, Ineligible, Eligible
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Best Custom Field Option?

Where are you going to be parsing this data?

The 2 synchronized arrays (Option #1)  are perfectly readable from Velocity but essentially impossible from Smart List constraints.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Where are you going to be parsing this data?

The 2 synchronized arrays (Option #1)  are perfectly readable from Velocity but essentially impossible from Smart List constraints.

Ronn_Burner
Level 4

Then that answers that. I'm so glad I asked. These will not be used with Velocity - the data will be strictly parsed from Smart Campaigns.

I see exactly what you mean and how this would, in fact, work in Velocity but since the Option #1 fields are not binary there is nothing connecting the 2 within a Smart List.

Thanks!