Re: Benefits to Marketo Sales Engage

Chloe_Pott
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Benefits to Marketo Sales Engage

Hi everyone,

In the recent Marketo Product release, there is a section announcing Marketo Sales Engage.

Is this something similar to MSI, or something different that gives Sales a keyhole into Marketo to see reporting/analytics via Marketo?

Does anyone have any insight on this? Looking for an unbiased review prior to reaching out to Marketo directly.

Thanks all.

Chloe

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_Saporito
Level 9

During Summit we did a Marketo Sales Engage demo. Think of it more as a sales acceleration tool, such as Outreach or Salesloft. I liked what I saw during the demo but ultimately the decision internally isn't mine to make so I believe we're down to Outreach and Salesloft platforms.

Chloe_Pott

Thanks, Chris. We use SalesLoft here at Nexthink. Do you use a sales acceleration tool? Would Marketo Sales Engage replace said tool?

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

We're in the market for one currently. I believe it's down to Salesloft and Outreach, but I haven't been too involved with the process other than ushering a Marketo Sales Engage demo.

Chloe_Pott

If you'd like a peak into SalesLoft, let me know. Happy to help.

Bram_Valdez1
Level 2

Check out "Tout" too- acquired by Marketo 2 years ago so it's got a lot of integrations. Definitely not as robust as Outreach but it's also a lot cheaper.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I am pretty sure that MSE is actually Tout (improved/upgraded/etc)   

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Alexandra_Maese
Level 1

Hi Chloe!

Do you already have a better view on the benefits of MSE? I am struggling with the same question. I just watched a few webinars and it's not really clear to me. What can MSE do that SFDC can't? With Market Sales Insights there's already a view of the lead's activity log in SFDC and Sales can perform tasks in SFDC as well. It seems to complicate things even further or am I wrong here?

I am also left wondering what about communication limits? How is that being monitored and which system monitors?

Which tasks are being performed solely in SFDC?

Many questions, haha.

Alexandra

Chloe_Pott

Hi Alexandra. Sorry for the delayed response! I stopped looking into MSE because we have SalesLoft and our BDR team works really well with it. I do not think that MSE and SFDC are one of the same. SFDC is a CRM, whereas MSE is more of a BDR tool to help in calling and tracking cadences (from what I understand). And also, MSI is not the same as MSE.

Communication limits are managed by the marketing automation system - not by the CRM or by a tool like MSE or SalesLoft.

Tasks that are performed solely in SFDC are things like activity history, converting leads to contacts, opportunity conversion, etc.

Hope I answered what I could!

Emily_Hesley
Level 2

Does anyone know if Sales Engage is only for SFDC users?