Being Creative with RTP Perceived Organization

Patrick_Dooley
Level 2

Being Creative with RTP Perceived Organization

I realized the RTP inferred organization was not accessible as a lead attribute or under marketing activity data. It's only available in RTP. It's very usable data and I wanted to bridge that gap and make it available as a field.

This led me to use experiment by

1. Using the RTP function to acquire the inferred Org
    rtp('userContextReady', function() { var inferOrg  = rtp.userContext.org; }
  2. Using the Munchkin API to push the Organization as visitWebPage with the prefix "/LPO/" 
     - shows up in lead activity like this : www.mydomain.com/LPO/NAME OF THE COMPANY HERE 
    if(Munchkin){ Munchkin.munchkinFunction('visitWebPage', { 'url': "/LPO/"+ORGANIZATION}); }
  3. I setup a new custom field for "Last Perceived Organization"
  4. Next I have a Smart Campaign
     - The smart list is setup to trigger for visitsWebPage containing "/LPO/"
     - The flow then updates the value of a custom field I setup, named "Last Perceived Organization", to the value the   trigger token for {{trigger.web page}}.
     - I don't know why clickedLink is excluded from these trigger tokens?!?! I would've preferred to use that...

This is working and as mentioned in the above example this results in a value like this:
www.mydomain.com/LPO/NAME OF THE COMPANY HERE 

This is where I need help from you. Is anyone aware of a method through smart campaigns/calculated fields/witchcraft to run a replace like function on a field without using the API or Export>Import process?

For my javascript people this is what I'm looking for at a field level: 

var x = "www.mydomain.com/LPO/NAME OF THE COMPANY HERE";

var org = x.replace("www.mydomain.com/LPO/","");

// org now equals "NAME OF THE COMPANY HERE"

Appreciate any thoughts/feedback

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Being Creative with RTP Perceived Organization

With a webhook-compatible service, simply done.

Without a webhook, nope.

P. S. You don't want to use Click Link as it blocks the UI thread. Visit Web Page was the right choice.

Patrick_Dooley
Level 2

Sanford Whiteman - Thank you the advice on webhooks was useful. Now that I am using them... I am noticing some of my newer custom fields are not listed as a selectable option for Response Mappings. Is this common? do I just need to wait a bit? FYI - These are not Formula fields.

I was not aware of the the blocking nature of ClickedLink vs VisitWebPage through munchkin. Is that documented anywhere?

Appreciate the feedback

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Shouldn't be any delay -- though you need to refresh the Admin page.

I was not aware of the the blocking nature of ClickedLink vs VisitWebPage through munchkin. Is that documented anywhere?

Not in those precise terms, but you can see the console warning which tells you the same synchronous behavior would be blocking.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

if you're integrated with Salesforce, the formula custom field can do what you want.