Re: Batch campaign behavior if qualified multiple times immediately

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Batch campaign behavior if qualified multiple times immediately

I'm re-doing my scoring model and there have been significant overhauls. I'm creating one time batches so that I can zero out existing scoring and run batches to rebuild the lead's score based on the new model numbers.

One of the pieces of scoring has to do with increasing the score when people visit our booth at a tradeshow. The issue is, some people qualify for this 5-8 times! If I run the batch with the Smart Campaign Settings as "Each person can run through the flow every time" will it grab the same person 5 times or will they qualify that once and since it's a batch (and not a trigger) and this is historical data, will they run once?

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Christina,

Since it's a batch, the person will only ever run through once per run. For your scenario, let's say you reward +5 for attending a tradeshow, are these people supposed to be rewarded +5, 5-8 times? So when you run the batch again, how would you know who to pull out so they do not get rewarded +5 again? I'm just thinking one large score change would be better for these people. If attended 5 times = +25, if attended 4 times = +20.

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Christina,

You can set the lead qualification rule "Once every 1-2 hours".

Thanks

Harish Gupta
ChristinaZuniga

This is for historical data, not new data so running every 1-2 hours will not work. If I do that, either they won't qualify because they ran through it once already OR if I change the setting to 'qualifies every time' they will run through even if they attended only one tradeshow.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

People will run thru the flow as long as they meet your criteria, but because it is a batch campaign people will only run thru it once because, it is a one time batch. If you set it to repeat and those people still qualify to be on the smart list then they could run again. Now because it is historical data you could add  if statements of being a member of show campaign x and Y value = 10 and x only = 5  so on so forth.