Automating Demo/Meeting Reminders and Follow-Up Emails

Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Automating Demo/Meeting Reminders and Follow-Up Emails

Our SDR team use SFDC Activities (Events) to assign the meeting to the AE and track the meeting result and we want to automate email reminders to the lead 24 hours and 1 hour prior to any scheduled demo. and follow up emails to leads who attended or were no shows to the demo.

Since Marketo has limited functionality when it comes to utilizing the SFDC Activity Object, I'm curious how the rest of the Marketing Nation have automated the process of demo/meeting reminders and follow-up.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Automating Demo/Meeting Reminders and Follow-Up Emails

If you can push the Task time and date to a field, you may be able to use a Date Token to do this. Or just schedule the reminder based on that field - Once Demo Date is NOT EMPTY, Wait 24 hours, Email, then 1 hour, Email.

Dan_Askin
Level 4

Working on exactly the same thing. The 24-hour reminder seems easy -- we've got a datetime field as a system attribute added within CRM. But I'm still confused on the 1-hour reminder given the hard-coded "day" adjacent to the end-on field.

1-hour reminder.png

Also, not sure if this should be a batch campaign or a trigger. The trigger would be the arrival of a time -- 24 hours before a date, 1 hour before a date -- but I don't see a way to run things as a trigger.

Do you need the NOT EMPTY step in the flow? I just have the campaign constrained to a list where everyone has a appointment, and the flow as 1) wait 1 day before {date}, then send email.

Dan_Askin
Level 4

Had a thought on the 1 hour piece: May set up a smart list based on a trigger -- delivered the '24-hour reminder' email -- then set up a wait for 23 hours > then send the '1-hour reminder' email. Logically, it seems like it should work. 

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Dan Askin​ and Valerie Armstrong did you get any further with this? Working on setting up the same thing in the next few days, so any insights you have would be helpful!