Re: Automatic Trigger Campaign Clean-up Not Working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatic Trigger Campaign Clean-up Not Working

Hi all - as I've mentioned in the past, I've inherited a beast of a Marketo instance. There are literally hundreds of active trigger campaigns. Many need to be on for lead processing, scoring, etc. But others are related to campaigns that are 2 or more years old. I was under the impression that Marketo automatically reviewed these each quarter and cleaned up those older than 6 months with no activity. I don't think this is working in my instance. How can I turn it on or find out why it isn't working?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Alisa,

It's possible that one of your predecessors had this setting altered.  I'd suggest logging a support ticket with an example campaign which you would have expected to be turned off for inactivity so tha we can determine exactly why it hasn't been deactivated.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Alisa,

Did you check those campaigns to see if they have been activated in the past 6 mos? You can quickly check on the summary tab of each campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify for you Alisa- we don't deactivate anything that is over 6 months old. We deactivate campaigns that haven't run for over 6 months. So, maybe your two year old campaigns are qualifying a few leads?

Also, if it's not working, then Kenny is right on- file a ticket with an example and we'll look into it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback. I'll double check on some of the older campaigns to see if they have actually qualified any leads in the past 6 months. If not and they're still on, I'll submit a ticket.