SOLVED

Automated trigger based on date/time change

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Automated trigger based on date/time change

If I wanted to setup a automated trigger based on - if there is no data value change in last 30 days, then send a reminder email.

i.e has anyone tried the following:

Smartlist: (Automated Trigger) Data value change > Select Attribute" " > Previous Value is in past before 30 days > New Value is empty

I think that won't work, as a trigger needs to have a specific action take place - but curious to know if anyone has experience setting up a flow like this? Aim is automate an email to go to customers who haven't changed their status yet, rather than doing a batch send using 'Not Data Value Changed'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Automated trigger based on date/time change

No, that won't work, because "When nobody touches anything at all on the lead" is not itself a triggerable action.

Don't understand your aversion to using a batch smart campaign.  That's the appropriate approach when nothing else is touching the database.  Of course, you could use the daily batch to set off a trigger, but again, why do so if in this case the batch itself can do what you want?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

No, that won't work, because "When nobody touches anything at all on the lead" is not itself a triggerable action.

Don't understand your aversion to using a batch smart campaign.  That's the appropriate approach when nothing else is touching the database.  Of course, you could use the daily batch to set off a trigger, but again, why do so if in this case the batch itself can do what you want?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford!

My thoughts were to automate an eDM based no action. So run a campaign to check if there has been no date change or update to a field x in last 30 days, then send a eDM out to customer as an alert to help them upgrade their status (field x), so that they don't lose their current status due to inactivity, rather than having to manually run a batch campaign every now and then.

SanfordWhiteman

But that campaign to check if there has been no change is a batch campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm sorry, i didn't understand your last comment...keen to get your thoughts.

SanfordWhiteman

You can't trigger on nothing at all.

If a lead isn't part of a flow and is just sitting in your database with nothing happening to it, there's no event to trigger on.

Imagine it's like your doorbell. You don't know if it works unless somebody rings it, or if you go down and ring it yourself.  The first is an unattended trigger, the second is a manual batch.