Re: ATTN: Hotfix for broken embedded forms in Firefox 46 (release date April 19)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ATTN: Hotfix for broken embedded forms in Firefox 46 (release date April 19)

Has anybody encountered issues with this hotfix in some scenarios? We have Drupal sites where this fix worked fine - but there's a Wordpress 4.3 site where things don't seem to be taking. The code was added to the CSS and loading above the .js on the page. Browser and Server side caches cleared, but still the form won't show.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You shouldn't need my hotfix anymore as the core lib has been patched.

You can send me a link to your page and I'll check it out, but please remove the "userland" hotfix first.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wondered about that, per a note a couple above, here. But, unfortunately, it seems I did. I had to on our main site, and it worked.

Unfortunately, the Wordpress site is handled by somebody else, and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Here's the link, in any case: Newsletter Sign-up - Third Certainty

This leads me to ask, is there a setting or something I need to change in Marketo or elsewhere, for the official fix to take?

SanfordWhiteman

This leads me to ask, is there a setting or something I need to change in Marketo or elsewhere, for the official fix to take?

Nope, and Third Certainty has the latest.

Give me a few minutes and I'll find the problem.

SanfordWhiteman

In what version of Firefox do you not see the form? This is 47.0a2:

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

That looks right. Strange. I'm on Firefox 46.0, on Mac 10.11.13... also, viewing in privacy mode.

...oh.. it works, if I'm not in privacy mode! Ok...Is there something about privacy mode that makes the form go away? Maybe the Munchkin code/cookies

SanfordWhiteman

It's not Munchkin. It's that forms2.js is on the tracking protection list because it's on a Marketo domain.

"The resource at "http://app-ab14.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js" was blocked because tracking protection is enabled."

This is a known thing.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Charles,

there are quite a few posts regarding the privacy mode of the most recent versions of FF.

Mostly, it's linked to the fact that you are calling libraries from another domain than your's.

In you page, the form code is:

<script src="//app-ab14.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>

<form id="mktoForm_1143"></form>

<script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-ab14.marketo.com", "746-PTV-801", 1143);</script>

You may want to replace the //app-ab14.marketo.com/ with your landing page domain, if it's a sub domain of thirdcertainty.com

-Greg  

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh.. got it! Ok. Thank you!