Re: Assistance with Complex Lead Lifecycle Implementation

Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Assistance with Complex Lead Lifecycle Implementation

I am looking for assistance (consultant, agency or general tactical guidance) designing and implementing a complex lead lifecycle leveraging Marketo and Salesforce. The project is for a large global enterprise with multiple business units and sales teams. Please see additional details below:

Goal:

Design and implement a lead lifecycle that drives marketing and sales operations across multiple business units and sales teams, at every stage of the customer journey to allow for better visibility into the sales funnel, improved lead reporting, streamlined lead management to ensure no lead is left behind and that leads/contacts are routed quickly, and more personalized marketing based on lead stage.

Key Challenges:

1. Leads/Contacts can inquire more than once. We need to track the outcome of all/any inquiries, including repeat inquiries from the same person. Limitations on the SFDC lead/contact object make reporting on the outcome of multiple/simultaneous inquiries a challenge. At any given time, an inquiry can come from a new lead, an existing lead, or an existing contact. We need to report on the outcome of each inquiry, regardless of record type and whether or not it was their first or fifth inquiry. For example, what happened as a result of this person's inquiry in January? What about when they inquired again in April?
  2. Leads/Contacts can inquire across multiple product lines/sales teams. We sell multiple products, each managed by different sales teams. If a lead is interested in product category 1, it goes to sales team 1. If the same lead is interested in product category 2, the same lead needs to be given to sales team 2. Because a lead/contact can only be owned by 1 person, we need a way to allow for a single lead/contact to be managed by multiple stakeholders at the same time. For instance, sales rep 1 owns follow-up for product 1, and sales rep 2 owns follow-up for product category 2. 

I am interested to hearing how other companies have solved these challenges. 

Thank you in advance for any solution ideas, or recommendations of agencies/consultants  that are experienced with complex marketing/sales ops projects!

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Steve_Schimmel ,

I imagine you've had DMs from every consultant out there looking for work, so I won't do that!

I will instead suggest @SanfordWhiteman .  He's seen it all, and is ridiculously knowledgeable.

It does of course depend on timezones.

Cheers

Jo

Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Thank you Jo! I have had the opportunity to work with Sanford in the past and can attest to his vast knowledge!

I have not heard from any vendors as a result of this inquiry, but am researching options and beginning outreach.

Thank you again for your response!

Steve

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Nothing to see here 🙂