Re: Assign to Program Based on SFDC Custom Field?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assign to Program Based on SFDC Custom Field?

I'm trying to set up a trigger campaign that makes a lead/contact a member of a program if it contains a certain value in an SFDC custom field?

What is the easiest way to do that?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Trent,

Simply use a trigger campaign with a "change data value" trigger on that field, new value is [whatever you want] Then in the flow, use the "change program status" flow step to add the lead to the program.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Tried that. Not working. Can't figure out why.

Trent

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Can you send screen shots of your smart campaign ?

Also, what is the field type in SFDC ?

Finally, look at some leads that were supposed to get the value changed, and check you can see the DVC in their activity logs.

And remember that DVC fires only when there is a CHANGE in the field, not when the lead is created.

If you want to target some leads that are created with these value, you will have to use a "Person is created" trigger together with a filter on the field.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was it. Thanks, Greg!

I was creating new lead, so it wasn't triggering the change data value. So, if I want to have it work on both scenarios (new lead v. updating old lead), then I would need both of those campaigns active, right?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You can have the 2 triggers and the filter in the same smart campaign that will work.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I did:

Smart List

pastedImage_0.png

Flow

pastedImage_1.png

But tested a few submissions, and not working. Still shows 0 members of program.

Any ideas?

Trent