Re: Are SFDC Formula Fields Supported in Marketo Emails?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are SFDC Formula Fields Supported in Marketo Emails?

I am trying to use a SFDC formula field I created, which calculates a discount, in an email campaign.When I send a sample nothing displays where I placed that token, but the other tokens I have placed in the email show up just fine. Is as simple as Marketo doesn't support formula fields in emails or am I missing a step to make this work?

Thanks, Chase
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is the formula being created in Marketo or SFDC? 

Can you check the record to make sure it's formula data is displayed in Marketo? If not, then I suspect the formula in SFDC only populates when you look at the record.

If Formula Field 1 IS NOT EMPTY, then Formula Marketo Field = {{lead.Formula Field 1}} - that *should* work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is created in SFDC. It doesn't display the data in marketo. Is there a way to make it display in Marketo?

Thanks for the quick response, Chase
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi - formula fields don't "update" the lead record in SFDC, so Marketo likely does not know it needs to check that record in SFDC to see a value. Even if you force an update to all the records and get Marketo to see the data in the field on the next sync, it is likely if the formula value changes in the future Marketo will not see the change.

Usually the solution to his requires some kind of scheduled Apex trigger in SFDC to update a secondary field when a criteria is met (that SFDC actually writes to, therefore forcing a change to the systemmodstamp on the record) that Marketo then can see and react to. I'd do a quick search through the community on Salesforce formula fields and get some of the information that's out there. It's an issue many of us have been struggling with and coming up with solutions for for years now.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense, I'll see what I can do on the SFDC end to get this working.

Thank you for your help, Chase